Please see attached joint comments recommending the following:
1. DOL should ensure that states afford claimants timely appeal hearings.
2. DOL should review state unemployment notices to ensure that they meet the requirements of federal law.
3. DOL should encourage states to focus on user-centric design in their online unemployment systems and in the language they use to communicate information with claimants.
4. DOL should ensure that states deliver information about unemployment programs in a way that caters to mobile users.
5. DOL should require states to provide online benefit services in commonly spoken languages other than English.