Increasing the level of diversity through different forums such as training, community outreach. If at all possible, sensitivity and compassion training to allow stakeholders and employers opportunities as applicants.
Via Online Submission
U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave NW
Washington, D.C. 2020
Re: Advancing Worker Equity at the U.S. Department of Labor
The Better For All Coalition came together with a shared goal to advance the rights of all workers, by centering the needs of Black and Immigrant workers to improve the working conditions and their accessibility to good union jobs.To really build... more »
For Migrant Workers
• Streamline and revitalize the employment service complaint system.
• Implement a policy of consistently communicating with SWAs about labor violations to ensure services are discontinued to employers who abuse the H-2A system.
• Forbid terms in clearance orders that create barriers to the employment of U.S. workers and... more »
1. DOL should ensure that states afford claimants timely appeal hearings.
2. DOL should review state unemployment notices to ensure that they meet the requirements of federal law.
3. DOL should encourage states to focus on user-centric design in their online unemployment systems and in the language they use to communicate information with claimants.
4. DOL... more »
Please see attached joint comments detailing the following recommendations:
1. Forced arbitration erodes legal protections ensuring workplace safety and fairness, disproportionately affecting women, people of color, and low-wage workers.
2. Curtailing the use of forced arbitration in federal contractor workplaces would promote workplace equity.
Please delete - duplicate submission.
The present and past U.S.... more »
Ensure that OSHA investigates and resolves COVID-related complaints in a timely fashion, including complaints of retaliation.
Conduct proactive oversight and enforcement to ensure the equitable use of new technologies reliant on artificial intelligence and algorithms. More details: https://civilrights.org/resource/civil-rights-principles-for-hiring-assessment-technologies/
Strengthen civil rights enforcement by providing adequate resources, including necessary staffing, to ensure robust enforcement action against all forms of unlawful discrimination.
Continue to provide education to employers on their responsibilities to provide a COVID-safe workplace and to employees on their rights to a COVID-safe workplace. Ensure that education efforts are fully accessible and coordinated with relevant stakeholders, including unions and workers' rights advocates, and is available in multiple languages.